Sunday, November 16, 2008

Businesses and CMC

After reading and discussing online about businesses using the internet and how it had positive effects, I decided to look more into the issue. I came across a website entitled “Building a Successful Business Using the Internet.” I quickly came to realize that it is not really an article but it is an advertisement for SiteSell education. It is a program that is offered at different institutions around wherever it is you may live. According to this website, “you can learn and do everything to graduate with a new online business or an improved existing one” in just 10 weeks.

This reminds me of the class I had last semester of Web Communication and how we each had different businesses that either needed help with their current website or did not have one at all. Although it seemed as though we aided them in some way or another by publicizing their businesses out to the community, I wonder if they took our advice in making a website or making their current website better.

I commented on someone’s response to the online question we had for Friday about old businesses and new businesses. Usually when new businesses start off, they have trouble getting off their feet to soar, however, I believe that CMC might just change this trend. I think that old businesses who do not convert over to using the internet as great source of communications with their customers is going to plummet. And the new ones who are already up-to-date with technology are going to skyrocket. However, my opinion only is a vision and the older businesses have survived other ways of communications, so maybe they will stay strong, but for how long?

No comments: